Astor Fur Warehouse, built in 1828, in Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin, is a site significant for its use by the American Fur Company. It is the only known surviving fur trade warehouse in the upper Mississippi valley.
It was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1960.
It is located at Bolvin and Water Streets, on St. Feriole Island. It was flooded in 2001
Text from Wikipedia
Under Three Flags
Uses of Furs
bales of furs storage on second level
Fur Post in Winter
War of 1812
foundations of Fort Crawford
Chief Black Hawk
Dr. William Beaumont and his son Israel
People and Places