Photos from 1960
Fantasyland, bringing fantasy into a reality
Disneyland is a theme park that is
located at 1313 South Harbor Boulevard in Anaheim, California, USA. It opened on
July 17, 1955. The park is owned and operated by The Walt Disney Company.
Currently the park has been visited by more than 515 million guests since it
opened to the public, including presidents, royalty, and other heads of state.
Main Street, U.S.A., an early 20th century Midwest town
Frontierland, illustrating western frontier
view from the tree house
Adventureland, featuring jungle adventures
Golden Horseshoe Revue
When the park initially opened, it
consisted of five themed areas:
* Main Street, U.S.A., an early 20th century Midwest town
* Adventureland, featuring jungle adventures
* Frontierland, illustrating western frontier
* Fantasyland, bringing fantasy into a reality
* Tomorrowland, looking into the future.
climbers on the mountain
"Its a Small World"
Native American location
Pirates of the Caribbean
After the inital opening, three additional areas were added:
* In 1966, New Orleans Square, based on 19th century New Orleans
* In 1972, "Bear Country", later renamed Critter Country, themed both to the South in the 19th century and to forests of the Pacific Northwest.
* In 1993, Mickey's Toontown, themed on the Toontown seen in the film Who Framed Roger Rabbit
An elevated berm supports a narrow gauge railroad which circumnavigates the park. Disneyland features rides and attractions designed to appeal to all ages.
In 1998 Disneyland was renamed Disneyland Park in order to distinguish it from the larger Disneyland Resort complex.
Text from Wikipedia
Return to California page
People and Places