Tulsa Monument Company Building
1735 East 11th Street
N 36 08.889
W 95 57.940
The building was designed by Harry H. Mahler. Mr. Mahler suggested to the prospective owners that this new building simulate the appearance of a monument. A long building, it contains strong horizontal and vertical elements in its exactly symmetrical facade. It has wings extending on either side of the towered main entrance. It is a single-story, flat roofed building of white plaster concrete with striking gunmetal gray trim features. The triple banded pillar caps bordering the entry tower are representative of the original term given the style during this period, “3-Bar Modern.” The central focus is the tall clock tower over the main entrance with spot-lighted clocks on three sides.
the short description was prepared by the Tulsa Preservation Commission
People and Places