The Wolfsonian-FIU is a Florida International University museum devoted to late-19th and early-20th century design. Located in the historic Art Deco district of Miami Beach, Florida, it also has a branch in Nervi, Italy.
The Wolfsonian was founded by Mitchell Wolfson, Jr. in 1986 to display and preserve his personal art collection. He donated the collection and its building to Florida International University in 1997. The museum's exhibits occupy 3 floors of a renovated 7-story warehouse (56,000 square feet), with its workshops, offices, and library occupying the remaining space.
The collections feature furniture and decorative arts, paintings and sculpture, books, prints, and posters that reflect social, political and technological changes between 1885 and 1945. Artifacts are primarily of North American and European origin.
Text from Wikipedia
the museum facade
facade from a movie theater in Pennsylvania
the street outside the museum
People and Places